SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in the overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center. Ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
To ensure that the Kitchen standards of the Royal Portfolio are met in order to contribute to the purpose of the company – “To give our guests a complete experience and a perfect stay”.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlet including banquets.
- Be aware of new items introduced onto the market and keep up with the latest product trends.
- Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
- Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies & procedures.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- Oversee weekly work schedules and annual leave planners.
- Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities.
- Ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated.
- Ensure that chefs are always neat, tidy and presentable to be in guest view.
- Able to make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding succession planning.
- To work in close conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and respective teams
- To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders.
- To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Culinary diploma (or higher) from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least 10 years’ experience with 2 years in a senior management position.
- Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
- Initiative and Self-motivated.
- Ideal training and coaching skills.
The ideal candidate for the Executive Sous Chef position is one who can be dedicated, a leader and a team player.
Someone who will live the Purpose and Values of the Company and buy into our culture.
Please note, the final stage of the interview process will be a polygraph test.