|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting job opportunity for a purpose driven academic to fill the role of Executive Director: Drowning Prevention at a Cape Town based NPO. We’re looking for a candidate who has worked closely with Education who will essentially take ownership of drowning prevention in the country. Ideally, you have drowning prevention experience, but the organisation may consider someone who has worked within the Medical/Health Services fields. The successful candidate understands the theory of drowning prevention and is fully aware of international thinking/trends/practices in this regard. We’re looking for someone who is strategic, forward thinking, and able to lobby for funding at a government level. The role encompasses extensive stakeholder engagement. Staff management is also key as you will manage a team. If this important role meets your skill sets and passions, we’ve love to hear from you.
- The Strategic and Executive Leadership of Drowning Prevention within the NPO
- Efficient and effective Drowning Prevention: one of the core mandates of the organisation
- Strategic positioning and management of Drowning Prevention
- Fulfilling the generic components of management in respect of Drowning Prevention, which includes: Planning, Organising, Budgeting, Controlling/facilitating, Monitoring/Information Management and Communicating/Motivating.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Master’s Degree Health Sciences/a related field
- Research Experience with peer reviewed publications as principle or co-author
- Evidence of Capacity for Drowning or Health Prevention Management with a strong people focus.
- Portfolio of experience
- An academic background
- Worked closely with or in the field of Education
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in a management capacity, in a related field with contactable executive references
- Cause or purpose driven
- Drowning prevention experience – ideal
- Understand the theory of drowning prevention and be fully aware of international thinking/trends/practices
- Staff management experience – will manage a team
- Excellent communication in English
- Good judgement
- Change management experience
- Leadership abilities
- Management experience
- A strategic thinker
- Financial literacy
- Data Analysis and Reporting competencies.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 09 Sep 14:41