|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Company:||VMLY&R South Africa|
We are looking for a Creative Group Head (art director)with visionary thinking and dexterous decision-making skills!
The successful candidate will not only work with our Creative Group Head (copywriter) but will form part of our astounding creative team while also getting exposed to other disciplines that add value to the ideation and delivery of each project. We believe very strongly in collaboration and collective ownership of ideas.
We require an intensive understanding of the digital landscape: current and emerging trends. You will need to demonstrate an ability to take a seed of an idea and create a digital ecosystem: displaying how the idea works and evolves for each touch-point.
It goes without saying that the successful candidate will have an amazing eye for aesthetics. Having a great idea is one thing, but being able to deliver the idea in a convincing and beautiful way is an absolute pre-requisite.
Whilst not required to do pixel perfect design, it is imperative that you have a firm grasp of digital design principles.
- Develop concepts, designs/layouts and campaigns for client projects, partnering with copywriters when applicable to ensure the art direction and visual presentation support the defined strategy
- Conceptualise, storyboard and present ideas both internally and to clients
- Maintain high standards for execution and attention to detail in all aspects of interactive design
- Responsible for the quality of execution and quality of thinking (must come up with the best creative solutions)
- Effectively visualise concepts and pass them on to designers for them to create the end product, giving direction on photography style, typography, print material, video content and finishing of stock
- Manage digital art direction and execution for multi-channel initiatives that increase customer conversion rates through online, direct, and partner channels
- Creatively lead both large scale integrated projects as well as ongoing daily projects
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience being a conceptual art director
- Must have experience working on integrated projects
- Must have some sort of fashion experience/background or at the bare minimum have an interest/keen eye for the fashion industry/fashion trends
- Must have extensive film and photoshoot experience. This includes having a good understanding of fashion trends, the ability to plan shoots and be agile on shoot and role with punches.
- Must be able to lead a team of art directors as well as grow, inspire and review work.
- Have a drive to win awards
- Managing a team
- Must understand cross-platform/responsive design for multi-screen and is able to create positive user experiences for any device
- Must have a deep understanding and advocacy of digital design and design trends
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Work well in a team structure
Posted on 19 Jan 19:35