|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Oliver South Africa|
You will lead a team of Creatives that develop as well as adapts a variety of work for our FMCG client These include but are not limited to Shopper marketing, social media campaigns, eCommerce, digital content, and TTL campaigns.
As the Creative Director, you will be responsible for the overall creative output of the studio as well as delivering briefs where necessary. You will be supported by 2 Creative Leads and will work closely with the BUD to enable the team to deliver to exacting standards, specs, and timelines.
You will need to combine a deep understanding of trends inherent to the creative, FMCG, and retail industry with a varied skill set that will include conceptual thinking, Design/Art Direction for all forms of digital content, shopper, as well as have an understanding of motion design, social and eCommerce platforms and their ways of working.
You’ll need a flair for ideas, words, and design, whether in a digital, social, eCommerce, shopper, or TTL environment.
You’ll need decent internet connectivity and infrastructure to work remotely. The role will move to an on-site position within the Client’s offices at a later stage.
- Oversee the Creative work to meet the Client’s brief and exacting standards.
- Champion best practice and creative excellence in the creative team.
- Direct and review the team’s work to ensure the highest quality, accuracy, and consistency as well as Brand compliance.
- Mentorship and line management of the department.
- Drive training and development of the department.
- Drive awards submissions (internal & external), showreels, and other collateral when needed in collaboration with the GCD.
- Master a variety of brand tone of voice, visual identities.
- Collaborate with the relevant team members from other disciplines.
- Be the Creative face of the business unit.
- Help Clients find solutions to their brief.
- Develop an effective working relationship with colleagues and Client.
- Keep the Group CD up to date with creative work being delivered.
- Help to build a culture within the team.
- Support the team in expanding the portfolio for the business
- Complete timesheets.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Creative Director
- Push rather than pull leadership style.
- Ability to build a culture that enables inclusivity in the idea and opinion sharing.
- Ability to direct and nurture creative resources.
- Ability to give clear and concise direction to team members.
- Ability to adapt to different working environments or project teams.
- A powerful grasp of how content can play out across multiple mediums.
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills especially when working remotely.
- Good attention to detail, a proactive attitude, and good communication skills.
- Take ownership and responsibility.
Posted on 04 Feb 14:23