|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
Award-winning youth-drive agency, Livity Africa is looking for a content editor and mentor to shape and drive content for Livemag.co.za and other Livity content platforms, including Project Demo and DigifyAfrica.com. We are looking for a content editor and mentor to oversee production and mentor our team of trainee multimedia content producers.
Key areas of accountability:
- Maintaining a ‘facilitator’ role with the young contributors; guiding, advising, supporting and encouraging, but not ‘doing’.
- Ensure that a professional working atmosphere and environment is maintained where young contributors are positively engaged, productive, contribute constructively, and partake in activities.
- Support team manager with the management of volunteer mentors and inspiring speakers.
- Motivate, inspire, and teach contributors skills particularly, video production, subbing, and editing.
- Introduce new ideas and opportunities to contributors that will allow them to further their careers and skills development.
- This is a lead editorial position, you will be accountable for the growth of Live Mag, as well as advising and giving expertise on marketing content online and through partnerships in the media industry.
- Provide editorial mentorship to young contributors with regard to all content for Live SA, including journalism ethics, editing, and subbing.
- Managerial mentorship to upskill Livity Africa’s team of junior content producers and copywriters.
- Overseeing (as well as implement where necessary) efficient and professional delivery of advertorial/branded content.
- Supporting contributors in content creation across all platforms, which include Project Demo, Red Bull Amaphiko and Digify Africa, and incorporating one-on-one mentoring.
- Support integration of major content campaigns and working with various Livity teams delivering content.
- Work with the team manager and other editors on the organisation, management and execution of the induction process.
- Assist the team manager with ensuring contributors meet their deadlines and maintain/refine systems to ensure high quality output.
- To build industry relationships and actively pursue placement opportunities for young people post-internship in conjunction with the team manager and other mentors.
- Play a key role in the recruitment of suitable contributors together with the team manager.
- Maintain close communication with other mentors – in both the Johannesburg and Cape Town teams.
- Professional content experience, with a strong knowledge of digital journalism and multimedia content creation.
- Extensive knowledge of youth culture, current affairs, and politics.
- Energetic, engaging, natural leader with a patient and nurturing attitude toward young talent.
- Highly organised, with excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Well networked in the publishing and wider media industry.
- Clear and descriptive.
- Practical and proactive.
- Strategic thinking.
- Take a coaching approach to team management and development.
- Inspire trust, confidence, and motivation from your team, leadership, and clients.
- Encourage the highest editorial standards and work ethic within the editorial intern team.
- Fair and consistent.
- Team player.
- Take initiative.
- To live the Livity values of a purpose-first and entrepreneurial culture.
- Five to seven years’ professional content experience, with a strong knowledge of digital journalism and content creation.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Proven content marketing skills.
Livity Africa is an innovative, fast-growing company that believes every young person should have a voice and a vocation. Through groundbreaking work with partners including Google Redbull, the Omidyar Network and the British Council, Livity Africa helps thousands of young people every year realise their potential in media, politics, digital skills and creative industries, amongst others.
Posted on 13 Apr 14:54
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Editor jobs
- Proposals and Presentations Editor, Johannesburg, Rosebank, Sandton
- Editor, Johannesburg, Craighall
- Editor, Johannesburg, Kyalami
- Video Editor/Cameraman, Johannesburg, Roodepoort
- Editor – Trade Magazines, Johannesburg, Bedfordview, Lewyll Communications
- Senior Copywriter/Sub-Editor, Johannesburg
- Revise Sub-Editor, Johannesburg, Media24
- Temporary Assistant Accountant, Johannesburg, North, ASC Group
- Financial Accountant, Johannesburg, Bedfordview, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Trade Fund Accountant, Gauteng, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Tax Accountant – Customs/Excise, Gauteng, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Accountant/Bookkeeper, Linbro, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Assistant Accountant, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, MPRTC Recruitment
- Accountant, Johannesburg, Woodmead, MPRTC Recruitment
- Digital Admin – Web, Johannesburg, Midrand, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group