A leading South African IT Solutions Provider is looking an experienced Certified Server Engineer to join their dynamic East London team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Install and configure internal and server and network infrastructure including firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall peripherals.
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Linux, and Hyper V/VMWare Virtual environment.
- Execute and implement project plans, risk assessments, and contingency plans.
- Monitor, configure and report ICT server and network infrastructure capacity management.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures for server and network.
- Maintain and support storage and resources capacity management on NAS/SAN storage management and disk allocation in a virtualised environment.
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor support.
- Maintain and support the end-to-end data network and internet services comprising of servers, VPN, LAN, WAN, VLANs, and network peripherals.
- Support and maintenance of exchange 2010 – 2016.
- Maintain and support email services and secure electronic communications.
- Backup email services with a failover service for the continuation of the service.
- Maintain and support the virtualised environment and upgrades including backups and data synchronization/replication to the disaster recovery site.
- Upgrading of servers and network infrastructure as and when required.
- Carry out special tasks related to ICT Security.
- Maintain and support ICT security related to server and network including electronic email services, firewalls, anti-virus, security patches, cybersecurity, and secure hardware and software configurations.
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties will include standby support for server and network.
- MSCE certification a MUST
- Any other MS certifications a plus
- Cisco experience a big plus
- 3+ years experience
Please note this will be a site based deployment!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.