|negotiable Cost to company
We have an absolutely fantastic opening for a mid-weight business insights analyst to join the hard-working team at a leading global multinational company based in Cape Town. This exciting role will see you supporting the head of global strategic insights and analytics for Africa and the Middle East, in designing, developing, and updating reports, doing ad-hoc analyses, creating presentations, and providing support on different projects to understand the market opportunities and challenges and create actionable insights. You will also lead some projects independently. We’re looking for someone motivated, strategic, and enthusiastic about business analytics and market research. If you are analytical, organised, and a team-playing problem-solver we want to hear from you!
- Supporting the head of global strategic insights and analytics (GSI&A) in driving the reporting structure and frequency, as well as driving organisational capability to understand the reports and BI tools and execute based on insights
- Conducting research, preparing reports, and analysing data from different data sources and tools to develop and shape business strategies
- Liaise with (local) external agencies to deliver the required data, analysis and shopper studies
- Providing local support in ad-hoc consumer and shopper research led by the global strategic insights AMET manager based in Dubai
- Leading local GSI&A MSO (marketing spend optimisation) projects using econometric modelling capabilities provided by AC Nielsen, etc.
- Providing support for the business planning process
- Supports the marketing team in the analysis required to facilitate the monthly/annual business rhythms, especially in share management, root cause analysis, and in reaching recommended actions for senior SSA leadership team.
- Reporting to the Head of GSI&A and cooperate with other members of the AMET and EMEA GSI&A teams.
- Work closely with customer development, commercial, marketing, finance, IT, and supply chain
- Liaise with with (local) external agencies to deliver the required data, analysis, and shopper studies
- Support the Head of GSI&A in providing market updates with key insights and recommendations
- Developing and updating reports, and analysing data from different data sources and tools
- Tracking and monitoring of new products; projections and business impact measurement
- Support in driving data quality improvement
- Providing support in the AMET analytics project, moving SA data into new AMET Analytics platform
- Provide training sessions to the organisation on the BI reports, tools and platforms
- Provide the GSI&A AMET team with local executional support as needed in non-core areas of responsibility (e.g. Shopper & Consumer studies will be led by the GSI AMET Manager based in Dubai with support of locally-based agencies, business partners and on occasion also this role).
- Ad-hoc assignments and data requests
- Leading several projects independently, with the support of the Head of GSI&A
The successful candidate must have/be:
- University degree in economics, business administration, marketing or respective studies
- Two to three years of analytical experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent English skills – both written and verbal communication skills
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for business analytics and market research
- Passionate and high energy for the job
- Must be capable of thinking strategically
- Must be able to work well in cross functional teams, mainly as a team player, in special cases or projects also as a team leader
- Feedback – Receiving & giving feedback ability
- Organisational skills – Able to manage periods of heavy and conflicting demands
- Proactive & self-confident
- High ethical standards
- Good project management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Results driven
- Able to travel across Africa
- Able to work in multi-functional, cross-cultural teams
Viv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 02 May 12:22
Viv Gordon Placements
+27 21 422 1037
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.