|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Pension Fund, 13th Cheque|
An exciting career opportunity exists in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape for an associate professor in econometrics within a higher education environment. If you have the following behavioural competency and experience, we look forward to receiving your application.
- A PhD in Economics or equivalent
- Considerable teaching experience at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels required including Masters and PhD levels.
- Academic experience: Experience in teaching in the following disciplinary areas: Economics or equivalent
- Research supervision of Masters and PhD degrees required.
- Emerging National profile in discipline
- Track record of administration, management and/or leadership roles (leadership roles may be informal)
- Management of large classes
- Teaching of adult learners
- Ability to carry over theory into practical laboratory sessions
- An ability to translate practical experience into curricula
- Ability to relate theory to practice
- Ability to teach in a field setting
- Integration of own research into teaching
- Ability to develop a positive rapport and promote an affirming relationship with students
Duties include the following, but not limited to:
- Engaging in curriculum development
- Facilitation of learning
- Assessment of learning
- Evaluation of teaching
- Support of students in their studies
- Supervision of post-graduate students (where the person has the appropriate qualification to do this)
- Assume leadership responsibilities as they related to teaching and learning
Vacancy Reference no:
Closing date: 2 August 2019
To apply for the above-mentioned position, please visit our website www.intelligentplacement.co.za/vacancies
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful
Posted on 23 Jul 08:37
Intelligent Placement will, through its expertise, service standards and national network provide a unique value proposition which will differentiate Intelligent Placement to be the preferred South African Recruitment brand.