|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
SunCom (Matie Shop)
Assistant Buyer (Fashion)
- Identifying and finding suitable fabrics for design(s) and/or official branding of the University;
- Identifying the appropriate method for placing design(s) and/or official branding of the University on clothing, promotional items and similar products;
- Considering and executing requests strictly according to the guidelines and policies of the University, as well as the Corporate Guide;
- Sourcing suitable suppliers;
- Maintaining good working relationships;
- Negotiating purchase prices;
- Ensuring timeous delivery of suppliers as agreed in writing beforehand.
- Receiving and processing orders from internal clients;
- Preparing product specifications based on needs assessment and compliance;
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers, where applicable, as prescribed by the Purchasing Policy of the University;
- Placing and confirming orders with external suppliers.
- Generating stock codes for clothing and promotional items, etc. purchased from the retail software system;
- Generating quotes for internal customers against the stock codes.
- Ensuring that delivered products meet the requirements and specifications of orders.
- Customer service.
- A Diploma in Fashion Design and Technology (NQF Level 6) or a similar relevant qualification;
- Proven experience of fabrics and the appropriate branding application;
- Proven working and buying experience of clothing in a retail environment;
- Experience of quality control systems in the retail market;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to keep to deadlines;
- Detail orientated;
- Excellent conflict management skills;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- High level of integrity and confidentiality;
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders;
- Results driven;
- Knowledge and experience of the University’s procurement practices, policies and procedures;
- IQ Retail system training and/or experience.
Commencement of duties: 1 September 2019
Closing date: 5 August 2019
Enquiries regarding this post: Ms. Charlene Wicomb on 021 808 9178, or at
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail addresses of at least three referees) must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 26 Jul 11:42
Stellenbosch University – Maties
Stellenbosch University – Maties Sports http://www0.sun.ac.za/sport/