Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an Agronomist to be based at their operations in Paarl. This position requires extensive travel as well as your own vehicle.
- B.Sc. degree in agronomy, specialization in viticulture an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar role, such as technical/research assistant, or agronomist, or a farm advisor. Practical experience on a grape farm would be an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of the Vitis genus, anatomy of the grapevine, plant nutrition, soil characteristics, rootstocks, irrigation systems and other agronomic subjects. Additional knowledge of other tree/vine crops would be an advantage.
- Outstanding verbal and non-verbal communicational skills, in English and in native language.
- High flexibility and mobility, readiness to travel, willingness to work during non-standard hours and on weekends/holidays if necessary.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of procedures, responsibilities, and systems.
- Exceptional time management skills, with the skill to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Organized, good at documenting and retrieving data, files and reports.
- Investigational in his/her DNA
- Valid License and Own Vehicle
Please Note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.