Agri Compliance Officer
Ensure that production activities on all related and approved broiler breeder rearing, broiler breeder laying and broiler grower farms as well as hatchery and abattoir are carried out in accordance with the EFRC Code of Practice for Free Range Broiler production.
Will include but not be limited to, the following:
- Link between our chicken grower farms and the abattoir.
- Plan and conduct external & internal audits or inspections with Growers.
- Receive and review Health declarations and related registers per slaughter schedule.
- Record daily data from farms, trend, analyse and alert if KPIs are not met.
- Compile and calculate data reports for the FD, MD and CEO on request.
- Calculate average live bird weights per house slaughtered each day.
- Send out average daily weights to farm managers.
- Update and manage slaughter schedule.
- Work closely with the Slaughter and Receiving Team at the abattoir.
- Ensure that routine sample plan of grower farms is maintained.
- Capture, trend and analyse lab results.
- Arrange for Brand Integrity samples and feed testing at feed suppliers.
- Capture Animal Welfare data and communicate to External Parties.
- Communicate laboratory data to the Department of Agriculture and Epidemiology.
- Communicate new protocols to farms and follow up on implementing.
- Arrange information days for farm managers with Group Veterinarian.
The appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s EE Policy.
The position is available immediately and an attractive market related salary package will be offered.
Interested applicants should forward their CV’s to: e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8 October 2020. Please specify which position you are applying for in the subject line. Candidates who apply from outside the Western Cape will be responsible for all relocation costs should their application be successful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you have not been contacted within 1 month, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- A Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Studies or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years in a related field with vast experience in poultry hatchery and growing operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solving and change management ability.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License.
- Leadership skills and hands on style of management.
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety, with relevant training certificates.
- Self-starter, motivated and independent worker.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to integrity.
Posted on 21 Sep 09:07