|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Learning and Teaching Enhancement
Advisor: Centre for Teaching and Learning (two-year contract)
The Centre for Teaching and Learning is a unit that creates professional learning opportunities for academic staff at Stellenbosch University.
- Organising and participating in projects and activities of the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
- Liaising and communicating with faculties regarding CTL projects and activities
- Providing advice and support to academics with regard to teaching, learning and assessment
- Developing web-based teaching, learning and assessment resources for academics
- Master’s degree (or enrolled for a master’s degree)
- Two years’ relevant experience working in a higher education institution
- Knowledge of the South African higher education sector
- Good communication and liaison skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong writing abilities, including minutes and reports
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to think analytically
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Moodle, ISpring, and web design
- Willingness and availability to travel
- A PhD
- Knowledge of more than one South African language
- Knowledge of and experience in higher education curriculum renewal
Commencement of duties: 1 June 2017 or as soon as possible
Closing date: 8 May 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Dr Cecilia Jacobs on 021 808 3751, or on
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
Please note that the level of appointment and remuneration will be negotiated in line with experience.
The university will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The university reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the university before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
Note: Shortlisted candidates might be expected to complete a short writing task.
The university reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 21 Apr 12:58