|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Ogilvy PR is offering an amazing opportunity for an experienced account director who has experience working for a PR agency. This is to work on one of South Africa’s most loved brands and is an exciting new initiative that this agency has embarked on.
An account director should be an experienced, broadly capable project and account manager who handles a wide range of assignments, projects and/or clients with a high degree of success and independence. She/he has strong client relationships and is considered a potential company leader.
They are able to manage a piece of a large account or a few smaller ones, with little top cover from their business director, director and/or managing director, as well as the staff assigned to the business. They should have strong project management, budgeting, counselling, programme, people management and business development skills with increased emphasis and demonstrated success in building business and people. They have the confidence and support of client contacts and strong relationships with the client organisation. An account director demonstrates the ability and wherewithal to deliver on our vision, performance requirements and growth projections. An Account Director has strong relationships with the client and ensures to have the confidence of the client.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a PR agency.
- Experience in consumer PR(IT, FMCG ideal).
- Must be a driver personality and be able to stand up to difficult clients.
- Punctuality for meetings both internally and externally.
- Understands business trends in the industries to which they consult.
- Responsible for the overall development of strategies and programmes based on team input.
- Directs the development for a range of materials developed by account team including client memos, press releases, speeches, articles, brochures, presentation and collateral materials.
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages large-scale events.
- Develops and guides media relations strategy.
- Applies specialised industry expertise to client work.
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, the investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts.
- Has strong presentation skills and demonstrates the ability to play a leadership role in a wide range of presentation settings
- Excellent writing skills
- Anticipates and develops solutions to client needs and problems.
- Provides strong leadership in building effective, productive account teams.
- Has intimate knowledge of an integration process and has worked on fully integrated campaigns in the past. Compiles and creates a comprehensive PR plan and links into a 360 campaign.
In alignment with our transformation strategy and client needs, preference will be given to EE candidates.
The talent team at Ogilvy appreciates your interest in the agency and thanks to you for your application. However, due to high volumes of applications received we will only be able to contact candidates that have met the recruitment criteria. If you have not heard from the Talent Team within six weeks of application please note that you were not shortlisted for this particular role.
Posted on 30 Sep 15:31