- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large carrot (3 1/2 oz.), cut into matchsticks (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small head green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (about 7 1/2 oz.) raw fermented red cabbage sauerkraut, such as Wildbrine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted roasted almonds
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add cabbage; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool. Stir in raisins.
2. Whisk together oil, miso, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add cabbage mixture, sauerkraut, parsley, and cilantro; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds.