|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, South End|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Boomtown is looking for a creative art director who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and loves the challenge of discovering what makes consumers “click” to join our dynamic, agile and solutions-driven team in Port Elizabeth. You will cooperate with a design-savvy team to devise an overall concept. Design capability is a plus.
The goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences.
- Strong conceptual big idea thinker
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the copywriter/creative teams
- Produce sketches, storyboards roughs to visualise ideas
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
Our cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who make up South Africa’s main market, and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Get in touch.
- Proven working experience as Art Director; minimum six years of experience in agency required
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, colour, web layout design, print production, image selection and package design
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Relevant education or training a plus
- Ability to be permanently based in Port Elizabeth is non-negotiable.
- Candidates who can start immediately will receive preference. There will be consideration Jan/Feb 2021 start.
Posted on 19 Oct 13:07