|Remuneration:||R15000 – R20000 per month negotiable Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
A great opportunity exists for a sales representative. Willowton Group is looking to fill multiple sales representative positions within the following regions.
- BCom degree/diploma preferable
- Two to five years’ experience in an FMCG/retail/wholesale or similar environment
- Drivers licence/own transport
- Must be willing to travel when required
Willowton Group Overview:
Willowton Group has been in operation since 1970 and has grown to become one of Africa’s leading edible oil processors, as well as one of the leading competitors in the South African FMCG market.
The group operates across South Africa with manufacturing facilities in Pietermaritzburg, Johannesburg and Cape Town. Willowton Group has recently completed expanding its manufacturing operations into Zambia and Zimbabwe, with aspirations to further extend its reach to customers throughout Africa.
A wide range of products encompasses edible oils, rice, sugar, margarines and spreads, beauty, toilet and laundry soaps, candles, chocolate, baking and industrial fats, often distributed through its subsidiary Willowton Logistics. The Group has recently announced expansion plans to enter the maize and wheat milling industry within Southern Africa. Well-known brands include, among others, Sunfoil, Sunshine D, D’lite, Crown, Woodenspoon and Allsome rice.
By combining flexibility and vision with a sound business approach, the company is set to strengthen its position in the FMCG market even further, now and into the future.
We believe in developing our people to help them achieve their maximum potential. Willowton Group is committed to providing employees with an opportunity to grow and advance in their ca-reers in a challenging, yet rewarding working environment. We look for people who have the pas-sion to make a significant contribution to the continued growth of the company.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- To maintain and develop existing business, secure new business, contribute in achieving targets and provide a professional sales service
- To monitor and manage the achievement of sales targets and growth
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Building and maintaining strong and successful relationship with customers through regular call cycles
- Sell across the company product portfolio in allocated areas
- Promotion of new lines and products on promotion to existing and potential customers
- Management of customer stock pressure, on and off promotion
- Working with orders department to ensure maximum sales effectiveness
- Gather market-related info and compile weekly trade report to the management team
- Do market/price surveys on request
- Manage the use and implementation of promotional items and point of sale
- In stock check listings of products and facings allocated against the competitor
- Assist in handling all customer complaints and queries within 24 hours
- All customers on daily/weekly call cycle must be called upon
- Recruit new customers in line with agreed targets
- Increasing customer activity rate through regular contact with existing customers
- Reactivate dormant customers
- Inform and remind customer about any other promotional activity and new stock availability
- Inform customer about market changes
- Provide in-store feedback on potential challenges and opportunities
- Promote corporate image through professional conduct and maintaining sound business ethics
- Managing merchandising agents in retail and wholesale stores, maintain and grow forward share
- Negotiating extra shelf space, new products, and increasing product range
- Stock rotation on shelves and backup areas to be maintained
- Negotiating of free stock and space in wholesale and retail stores
- Ensure a clean and well-maintained vehicle
- Keep customer sales records up-to-date
- ‘Out of the box’ thinking
- High level of attention to detail
- Good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Very strong communication skills
- Dynamic and enthusiastic
- The ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels of management both internally and externally
- Competent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Well organised and results-focused
- Transparency and honesty
Posted on 31 May 10:03
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.