A Professional Nurse (Nimart) – School Based HIV and GBV Prevention Programme vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium’s Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Buffalo City, Eastern Cape.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Main purpose of the job
- To initiate PrEP, ART, manage HIV/TB clients, provide PICT and manage minor ailments in support of achievement of School Based HIV and GBV prevention programme targets; to lead the community-level team in the implementation of the Schools Based programme, and in quality improvement activities to ensure quality of care for HIV/TB clients (both children, youth and adults) and AGYW.
- Wits RHI – Eastern Cape – Buffalo City
Key performance areas
- Screen patients on HIV in all services provided at the mobile clinic
- Refer HIV infected patients.
- Prescribe appropriate treatments.
- Initiate PrEP according to DoH guidelines.
- Identify and refer patients with ART failure or complications.
- Support counsellors and linkage officers in adherence issues and loss to follow up patients
- Review difficult cases with CoJ staff.
- Facilitate services such as down- and up-referrals.
- Assist with SOP’s that will improve the running of the mobile clinic e.g. up -referral SOP.
- Treat patients with HIV and other concomitant diseases or refer where appropriate.
- Establish a baseline needs assessment for health systems improvement in the clinic.
- Plan a tailored approach in conjunction with QIMs and technical experts taking into consideration the needs and priorities of the clinic.
- Develop a project plan and timeline for addressing the identified needs and priorities in conjunction with counterparts.
- In conjunction with the clinical team, implement CCMT programmes within the clinic.
- Implement the programme area in HCT and non-clinical prevention such as testing for HIV in TB patients, FP and STI, condom distribution, male circumcision and pre- and post-treatment adherence.Implement the programme area in PMTCT such as Paediatric diagnosis, care and treatment, reproductive health including family planning, general adult HIV treatment and chronic care, HIV wellness programmes, Tuberculosis screening and care, Nurse-initiated and managed ART.
- Monitor and review the implementation and progress of the programme work plans in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
- Review challenges and achievements.
- Track changes made that lead to improved outcome measures at the clinic level.
- Compile and disseminate monthly reports to the Clinical supervisor.
- Integrate feedback from quarterly reports into programme implementation plan and subsequent progress reports.
- Compile relevant donor and WHI reports.
- Transfer quality improvement skills and methodology to clinic counterparts and identify gaps in knowledge.
- Participate in monitoring activities mandated by the Training Department.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, feedback and support.
- Participate in ongoing mentorship programmes initiated by other WRHI stakeholders.
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self management.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
- Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as conferences, workshops etc.
Required minimum education and training
- Relevant Nursing diploma or equivalent
- Registration with South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- Dispensing License
- NIMART registration
- PrEP training
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing HIV and/or TB
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Certification/experience in HIV Management. Sound technical knowledge PrEP, ARV, TB-HIV integration, treatment and care infectious diseases.
- Knowledge of national, provincial and district health structures.
- Experience working in a donor funded organisation / NGO or project-based environment.
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management. Experience in training, material development and quality improvement.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks. Attention to detail.
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making.
- Able to prioritize own workload and work towards deadlines.
- Self motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to speak other African languages.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 28 August 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position