- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- cooking spray
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Watch the video: How to Make Coconut French Toast with Raspberry Syrup
1. Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. Lightly dip bread slices in egg mixture; pat shredded coconut onto both sides of bread.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bread slices, and cook 4 minutes on each side until golden.
4. Combine raspberries and maple syrup in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Serve over French toast.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 2 servings (2 pieces French toast and 4 tablespoons syrup)
|Calories per serving:||410|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||58g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||215mg|
|Sodium per serving:||470mg|
|Rs per serving:||1.2g|
Good to Know
Save this dish for a weekend morning when you are not in a rush. You may use fresh or thawed frozen unsweetened berries.