JOHANNESBURG – A 27-year-old man has been arrested, for allegedly murdering his girlfriend and dumping her body in the veld in Lyndhurst.
Gauteng Police Spokesperson, Captain Mavela Masondo said the young woman’s burnt body was discovered on the 29th of April, a day after she was reported missing.
Masondo said the suspect will appear in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on Friday.
Police could not confirm the woman’s name, as they were awaiting for DNA results.
Here’s how you can assist police when reporting a missing person:
- Report a missing person at your nearest police station immediately.
- Produce a recent photograph of the missing person, if possible.
- Give a complete description of the missing person’s last whereabouts, clothes that they were wearing, as well as any information that could assist the investigating officer.
- Complete and sign an SAPS 55(A) form. This form safeguards the SAPS from hoax reports and allows the SAPS to distribute the photograph and information about the missing person.
- Obtain the investigating officer’s contact details and send them any additional information that might become available.
- If a missing person is found or returns voluntarily, inform the investigating officer immediately. An SAPS 92 form must be completed to inform the Bureau of Missing Persons that the missing person’s report can be removed from the circulation system.