- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 small English cucumber (about 8 oz.) English cucumber (about 8 oz.)
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cubes (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 6 ounces burrata cheese, torn
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1. Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in shallot.
2. Slice cucumber diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Arrange cucumber, watermelon, and burrata on a serving platter. Spoon shallot dressing over salad; sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||267|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||30mg|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||17g|
|Sodium per serving:||471mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||262mg|
Good to Know
Watermelon is nearly 92 percent water (hence its name), so it’s great for hydrating in hot summer weather.