|Company:||Weylandts Home Outfitters|
At Weylandts, we believe in creating a work environment as different and beautiful as our furniture. With attractive working hours, competitive salaries and great staff discounts, being employed by Weylandts is a little like acquiring a second home.
We now have a great opportunity to join the Weylandts team at our beautiful store in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga.
The main responsibility of this position is to ensure that the Weylandts shopping experience is further enhanced by maintaining an organized, visually appealing and welcoming store environment. The visual merchandiser is an integral part of the company’s overall performance; in terms of image, the shopping experience, perception and brand equity.
Reporting to the showroom manager, whilst getting direction from the Head office Visual Merchandising team.
- Consistently achieve the ongoing installation and dressing of the required merchandising plan within the prescribed time frame which will involve working with the basement team and will include some lifting, carrying etc
- Ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in store, working with store manager and other store employees.
- Merchandising monthly promotional settings according to the company’s design directives.
- Ensure a high standard of visual merchandising in line with the company’s vision and brand identity in the respective store.
- Ensure aggressive replenishment of homeware/ furniture. Constantly checking stock levels of homeware in cage and not on the shop floor to ensure items are urgently replaced.
- Ensure required photos of shelving/settings are sent timeously and without exception to the merchandising department.
- Ensure ongoing maintaining/updating of the furniture display settings and homeware shelving/tables as per last floor/setting changes and/or directives from Head office. This requires regular communication with the Head Office VM team.
- Assist customers and maintain a professional approach, selling when required.
- Work as a member of the store team assisting colleagues whenever you have opportunity and available time to do so.
- Ordering the correct flowers and plants for the store(s) timeously, and within the set budget.
- Be involved in Homeware stock takes if required.
- Be aware of new product arrivals and lines to be discontinued and plan for this in advance with Head office. Maintain superior product knowledge.
- Assisting in receiving, unpacking and checking in of homeware when relevant basement team member not available or high stock volumes are received.
- Matric and relevant tertiary qualification (ideally post-Matric diploma in Interior decorating field)
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in a similar role and environment/brand.
- Candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of company and merchandising policies and procedures as well as an understanding of how a retail outlet or store operates.
- Excellent administrative skills, product knowledge and passion for Weylandts furniture and homeware.
- A valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
If you meet the above requirements, we welcome your application!
Applications should be sent to
Posted on 22 Nov 14:46
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Today, Weylandts is firmly established as the leading furniture and décor retailer in southern Africa, offering clients contemporary quality designs sourced from around the world and showcased in a beautiful environment where space and natural light enhance the inspirational merchandising.