|Company:||Urban Brew Studios|
Purpose of the role:
To develop and grow the channels into strong brands, maintain high viewership shares and ensure that broadcaster requirements are met and surpassed to ultimately create great viewing that speaks effectively to the relevant audience.
- To analyse channel programming by comparing media reports, shows on air, viewership pattens then identify slots that can be improved, revamped, or removed monthly or as and when required.
- To create new content ideas that align with audience patterns and profiles by identifying audience patterns and insights as and when required.
- To quantify existing channel content to align with broadcaster mandate by reviewing programming quarterly or as and when required.
- To align 3rd party content with channel editorial by viewing submitted and proposed content as and when required.
- To approve content by reviewing scripts and shows and providing feedback to Genre Producer daily and as and when required.
- To plan an overview channel schedule by analysing viewership patterns and aligning programming to identified patterns monthly, quarterly, and as and when required.
- To structure a year plan of channel content rollout and activities by viewing and aligning inventory with calendar dates yearly and as and when required.
- To approve final schedule by comparing the macro schedule with the overview, weekly and as and when required
- To provide content synopses for EPG by sourcing write ups per episode or as and when required.
Sales and marketing support:
- To identify sales opportunities by reviewing the schedule, analysing viewership patterns, ministry slots and seasonal events monthly and as and when required
- To create sales opportunities by reviewing the schedule, analysing viewership patterns, ministry slots and seasonal events monthly and as and when required
- To brief creative and production to produce content direction by brainstorming sales elements, ministry packages, commercial airtime sales and approve creative concepts for production monthly and as and when required.
- To create and identify sponsorship and trade exchange opportunities by reviewing market trends and viewership patterns in line with programming ongoing and as and when required
- To negotiate talent contracts by reviewing industry standards against budget allocations
- To nurture talent loyalty to channels by maintaining relationships with talent, resolving queries and addressing concerns
- Review and manage the sale, cost of sales reports.
- Assist Group Accountant with commentary on sales and cost of sales.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts for sales and cost sales for inclusion in the Group reporting.
- Prepare all reports for productions where necessary and required by the business.
- Provide Group Reporting Accountant with monthly variance report for productions and commentary.
- Prepare and present monthly consolidated production performance report focusing on actual v budget per project.
- To recruit to fill vacancies by developing the specification, interviewing potential candidates, shortlisting candidates and recommending appointments for approval as required.
- To induct staff members by developing the induction programme and monitoring and supervising its implementation as required
- To manage staff performance by developing performance contracts and defining performance expectations, providing staff with feedback on performance, identifying areas of non-performance and implementing corrective action monthly and as required
- To support staff development by engaging with staff and identifying development opportunities, monitoring staff development and learning and addressing any skills gaps quarterly and as required
- To manage the implementation of HR policies and procedures by monitoring policy implementation, identifying anomalies, implementing corrective action as required
- Matric plus Industry related Diploma/Degree.
- Minimum of five years’ experience a Television/Broadcasting environment as a TV producer or TV Channels manager.
- Minimum two to three years at a level where you were required to manage a team.
- Gospel Music knowledge is advantageous
- Experience or exposure to directing and editing environments is advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of the industry and its components is non-negotiable.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Deadline driven and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work overtime in accordance with business needs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to make decisions independently where required and necessary.
- High levels of maturity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Posted on 10 Feb 10:52