|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
A world leading investment and insurance firm seeks a systems engineer to join its IToperations team. Reporting to the director of infrastructure and services, you will serve the entire group to improve existing support tools and processes. The ideal candidate must possess a post bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, have experience with IT systems design, complex problem resolution and be skilled in Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, and NetApp technologies. MS SQL will be beneficial.
- Stay abreast of current technological developments in systems administration technology and recommend ways to implement any new technologies.
- Process system monitoring alerts, analyse, troubleshoot and escalate issues; perform proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary; maintain system performance to meet user demand.
- Work closely with the senior infrastructure engineers, covering a large scope of technologies.
- Install, upgrade and maintain IT hardware, software and systems in Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, and NetApp technologies
- Manage the delivery of projects through the complete lifecycle from initiation to completion.
- Meet the key success criteria set by management which includes ensuring that a project is delivered on time, meets business and technical requirements and is within the agreed budget.
- Mentor/cross train team members on existing and new technologies.
- Review existing operational procedures to improve efficiency and service quality.
- Use best practice risk management to assess risks, then escalate to senior management and plan for the mitigation.
- Contribute to the ongoing evaluation, development and improvement of robust infrastructure.
- Post bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or related field.
- Relevant technical IT qualification or experience in IT systems design, deployment and administration.
- Troubleshooting and escalating issues and complex problem-resolution.
- Project Management.
- Strong experience installing and supporting IT systems with core Microsoft technologies including:
- Able to present ideas in business and user-friendly language.
- Willingness to travel overseas when required.
- MSSQL and SharePoint
- 2012 Microsoft products (SCCM, SCOM)
- French and German
- Highly self-motivated and goals-driven.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with any person from junior to executive level.
- Able to train users one-on-one and groups.
- Can prioritise and execute tasks within a high-pressured environment.
- Has proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Receptive towards learning new tasks.
- Client-centered: Able to understand and satisfy client needs.
- Meticulous – Always ensures accuracy and quality.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 02 Jun 12:04
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Get job alerts for Engineer jobs
- Java/PHP Support Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Web Front-End Software Engineer – AngularJS/ReactJS, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior Support Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Python Software Engineer, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Talent Magnet
- Front-End Software Engineer – React/Angular, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Talent Magnet
- QA Automation Engineer, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Talent Magnet
- Technical Sales Engineer, Cape Town, Bellville, West Coast Personnel
- BI Engineer, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Senior Software Engineers, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Engineering Team Lead, Cape Town, Talented Recruitment
- Senior Systems Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Site IT Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Intermediate Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Automation Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Mid-Senior Software Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- QA Engineers, Cape Town, Media24
- Third Line Cloud Support Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Tier 1 Technical Support Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Software Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Software Engineer – Python, Stellenbosch
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, Cape Town, Stellenbosch
- QA Engineers, Cape Town, Media24
- Systems Engineer – Linux, Cape Town, Datafin
- DevOps Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- TechOps Engineer, Cape Town, CBD, Black Pen Recruitment
- Security Architect – Stellenbosch – Salary negotiable, Stellenbosch, e-Merge IT Recruitment