An end-to-end IT solutions and services concern in Cape Town is looking for a systems engineer to join their team. The successful incumbent will be a self-starter with a high degree of aptitude in the IT environment and a passion for technology.
- Compilation of advanced reports.
- Analysis and interpretation of information from management systems to identify areas of possible improvement and risk.
- Planning and performing of special investigations, based on customer requirements and providing feedback on findings provided to the client.
- Technical training and support of customers on management systems and/or areas of specialisation.
- Providing consultation to improve or optimise IT environments.
- Monitoring and configuration of business impact and other composite relationships.
- Advanced identification, analysis and resolution of technical problems.
- Independent completion of task, presentation of reports, and making a recommendation to the client.
- Audits planned and performed based on customer requirements and providing feedback on findings.
- Release note of all changes, new functions and bugs compiled.
- Request ticket updated according to status.
- Ticketing system maintained
- All relevant code for specific patch/release/hotfix in respective directories.
- System tested holistically.
- Implement patch/release/hotfix to the client according to maintenance slot.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism at all times
Knowledge and qualification:
- A minimum of eight years’ IT experience, of which five years are networking experience
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools
- Linux RedHat and Ubuntu
- Windows Operating systems
- CCNA (advantageous)
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your CV to
and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.
Posted on 09 Jun 15:44
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.