Vacancy – Store Controller
Elgin Free Range Chickens, Kenilworth – Factory Shop
Will include but not be limited to, the following:
- Driving and maximising the sales turnover of the factory store outlet.
- Minimise stock losses caused by theft and / or negligence.
- Enhance customer’s perception of the EFRC brand by means of: the professional appearance, friendly approach and thorough product knowledge of all staff members, the neatness and cleanliness of the premises and freezers and the availability of our product range and good condition of products
- Adherence to Occupational Health and Safety, Hygiene, FSMS standards.
- Maintain employee discipline including applying the necessary rules and regulations relative to the organizations requirements.
- Supervision of the factory shop activities and performance of all staff,
- Utilizing labour, machines and equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Monitoring employee time and attendance, including accurate completion and submission of time sheets as requested.
- Ensure that staff are adequately trained in operational procedures, product knowledge and customer service.
- Strictly control the hiring of casuals in accordance with set EFRC procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring factory shop premises are clean and neat at all times.
- Point of sale and payment system management and control, including management of till floats, petty cash, and sales payment processing by card payment and or cash payments, start up and end of day cash up.
- Comply with security procedures including locking all security gates, allocation and integrity of alarm codes, Shop opening and closing procedures and banking procedures.
- Ensure the cleanliness and proper functioning of the freezers including maintain the required temperature logs and where necessary contact the manufacturers to service or repair the freezers.
- Ensure all electronic communication facilities made available by EFRC are utilized for work purposes.
- Monitor stock levels and order accordingly to maintain availability of product range.
- Responsible for ensuring all stock is received in line with EFRC set stock delivery procedures including ensuring the careful handling of product by staff.
- Responsible for stock management and application and practicing of ‘first in first out’ to ensure older stock is sold first and conducting of monthly stock takes.
- Report and identifying slow-moving stock and informing Head Office thereof so that this can possibly be transferred to an alternative outlet
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. The appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s EE Policy. Interested applicants should forward their CV’s to: target=”_blank, clearly stating what position they are applying for, on or before 2 October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you have not been contacted within 1 month, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a similar work environment.
- Minimum Grade 12 qualification and any related tertiary qualification will be deemed beneficial.
- Computer literate.
- Own transport.
- Valid drivers licence
- Willing to work Saturdays, Public Holidays and or Sundays as required.
- Self-motivated, self-starter and energetic.
- Well organised and enjoys administration.
- Good financial and analytical ability.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to integrity
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and or Afrikaans.
- Customer orientated.
Posted on 18 Sep 13:56