- 4 pounds of apples (about 7 to 10 apples, depending on the size), peeled, cored, and quartered (use apple varieties that are good for cooking such as Granny Smith, Braeburn, Fuji, or Golden Delicious)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Truvía® Natural Sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Peel, core and quarter apples.
2. In a large saucepan combine apples, water, cinnamon and Truvía® Natural Sweetener.
3. Bring to a boil on high heat, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer for 25-35 minutes or until the apples are completely tender and cooked through.
4. Remove the pot from the heat.
5. Use a potato masher to mash the cooked apples in the pot to make a chunky applesauce. For a smoother applesauce, purée them in a blender. (Do small batches and do not fill the blender bowl more than halfway.)
- Yield: 14
|Calories per serving:||70|
|Total fat per serving:||0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0g|
|Trans fat per serving:||0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||55mg|
|Total carbohydrate per serving:||21g|
|Dietary fiber per serving:||2g|
|Sugar per serving:||12g|
|Erythritol per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||0g|
|Vitamin A per serving:||0% DV|
|Vitamin C per serving:||8% DV|
|Calcium per serving:||0% DV|
|Iron per serving:||0% DV|