|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
A global payment gate company requires a software engineer (Java) to plan, design, develop and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited to Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing and delivering high quality software/solutions.
- Creates and reviews product/project deliverables according to the life cycle methodologies (i.e., impact assessments, external and internal specifications, manuals, education material, etc.).
- Researches and resolves customer reported problems.
- Maintains working knowledge of the hardware platform, network and application layers. Manages the software dependencies for use in implementing proper solutions.
- Exhibits good technical and business judgment and thorough understanding of how customers use the
- product when dealing with product requirements, complex design issues, and trade-offs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A B.Sc., B. Com or B. Bus.Sci degree majoring in computer science, or an electrical engineering degree with computer science at third-year level, or a B. Tech degree with at least two years’ experience as a full-time developer in a professional development team.
- In all cases, experience as a full-time developer in a professional development team or an Honours degree in (or higher) in computer science, will be advantageous.
- At least 2 years software development experience.
- Core Java development experience.
- Experience in one of the following database platforms: SQL Server / My SQL / DB2 / Oracle.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- South African Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. DataFin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 23 Jun 15:56
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Get job alerts for Software Engineer jobs
- Associate Software Engineer – Java, Cape Town, Datafin
- .Net Core Software Engineer, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Front-End Software Engineer – React/Angular, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Talent Magnet
- Python Software Engineer, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Talent Magnet
- Software Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Senior Software Development Engineer, CPT – CBD, Black Pen Recruitment
- Mid/ Junior Software Development Engineer, CPT – CBD, Black Pen Recruitment
- C# Software Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Software Engineer – Android, Cape Town, Datafin
- Web Front-End Software Engineer – AngularJS/ReactJS, Cape Town, Datafin
- Senior Software Engineers, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Software Engineer – Python, Stellenbosch
- Server Engineer – Linux, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Systems Engineer, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Performance Engineer, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Performance Test Engineer, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Intermediate Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior Engineer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Architect, Cape Town, Black Pen Recruitment
- TechOps Engineer, Cape Town, Black Pen Recruitment
- Software Architect – Ruby on Rails, Cape Town, Datafin
- Security Architect – Stellenbosch – Salary negotiable, Stellenbosch, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Engineering Team Lead, Cape Town, Talented Recruitment
- Architect – Electronic Delivery Channels, Stellenbosch, e-Merge IT Recruitment