|Reference:||#PR CPT 001|
Ogilvy & Mather is a leader in the industry, focused on building and transforming brands. Employing more than 900 staff across three offices, Ogilvy & Mather remains true to David Ogilvy’s vision; we still see ourselves as a company that does more than ads and have proven that by maintaining our humility and an almost divine discontent at our past successes, we can do more than stay relevant.
For more than 50 years, Ogilvy & Mather South Africa has created iconic advertising for clients such as KFC, VW, SAB, BP, DStv and Kraft, and we continue to live by our founders credo of ‘We sell, or else’.
Social@Ogilvy is seeking a digital-savvy, social media manager to join the Cape Town team. If you thrive in fast-paced situations, can seamlessly manage multiple tasks and have a strong understanding of social media platforms, tools and tactics, then this may be a great next step in your career.
You will be in charge of managing multiple social platforms across different brands, and be responsible for publishing content, moderating and stimulating conversation, responding to consumers and escalating issues as needed. You’ll be expected to conduct social listening exercises and reports to inform creative briefs and collaborate with various internal teams through the content creation process to ensure alignment with a strategic direction. You will also help support the overall social media program development and client education by developing guidelines, processes, platform toolkits and POVS.
What you will be doing:
- The ability to oversee up to six social platforms across multiple brands
- Manage publishing and monitoring of branded content
- Collaborates with the account manager(s)/content planner(s) on social campaign opportunities
- Monitor for emerging crises and opportunities for agile content
- Partner with internal and agency teams through the content creation process, contributing with ideas and assuring alignment to strategic direction
- Two+ years of relevant working experience in social media in an agency environment
- Experience in managing content across all social networks
- Understanding of basic analytics (e.g. Brands Eye, Crimson Hexagon, Meltwater and/or other listening tools)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Team player/collaborator
- Understanding of basic social channel analytics
Posted on 19 May 14:03
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Ogilvy Cape Town
Ogilvy & Mather is the leader in the industry, focused on building and transforming brands.
Get job alerts for Social Media Manager jobs
- Social Media Manager, Cape Town
- Social Media Community Manager Internship, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Social Media Account Manager – Hospitality, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Junior Social Media Manager, Cape Town, De Waterkant, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Social Media/Community Manager, Cape Town, Westlake Business Park, Tokai
- Social Media Manager, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Social Media Content Manager, Cape Town, Platinum Seed
- Intermediate Java Developer, Cape Town, Datafin