|Location:||Cape Town CBD|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Cape Union Mart is a World Class Outdoor and Fashion Clothing and Footwear Retailer, trusted for its Family Values and Passion to Improve Lives!
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Shipping Team as a Shipping Controller.
As a Shipping Controller, you would be responsible for processing On Time Clearings and Costings, ensuring Supplier Compliance, handling Special Applications to SARS, performing Ad Hoc Audits on costings and liaise with SARS as part of the Automated Economic Operator programme. You may be required to perform other departmental administrative duties and any other ad hoc responsibilities that may arise in line with this role.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Process On Time and Accurate Costings and Clearings
- Liaise with suppliers regarding SOP requirements and adherence thereof
- Perform ad hoc spot checks on costings performed by the team
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders in relation to special applications for our Bond stores, Exports, Letters of Authority and other needs that may arise
- Develop relationships with internal customers to ensure a smooth and efficient On Time, In Full, supply chain for all import orders placed.
- Apply trouble shooting and constant improvement approaches to existing processes in the Shipping Supply Chain and adjust SOP’s accordingly
- Work as a contributing member of the team bringing lots of energy and new ideas to our environment
- Remain up-to-date with SARS Rules and Regulations
- Diligent, attention to detail approach to your work
- Accuracy of your work
- Strong organizational and prioritisation management skills
- Ability to do root cause analysis and problem solve
- Must be able to work as a team with suppliers, service providers, customers and Shipping Team to achieve required results
- A thirst for knowledge and self-development
- A strong customer centric approach to dealing with all internal and external customers
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Shipping Administration is essential, preferably in Retail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain Management extremely advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Good numerical skills
- Valid driving license
Posted on 22 Sep 09:58