|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Gap Cover, Pension, Annual Bonus, Personal & Career Development Opportunities; Competitive Package; Generous Leave Allowance; Flexi-Hours|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
We’re looking for an experienced and rounded SEO manager to lead high-impact organic search campaigns on behalf of our clients, fulfilling agreed objectives, working within budget, and delivering against KPIs. From technical analysis to content optimisation, outreach to link building, our SEO team is dynamic, results-focused, and a proven authority within our field.
Could you be one of our next superstars? If so, we want to hear from you!
About our team
- We work with global brands – some of the most recognised brands in the world!
- Our clients span an array of exciting business sectors: fashion, sports, finance, the automotive industry, gaming, travel, healthcare, and much more.
- We have offices in South Africa, the UK, Europe, and the US. This is your opportunity to work with colleagues from different cultures and different parts of the globe.
- We’re serious about technology! When you work with us, you gain access to best-in-breed technology suites that empower you to do a better and more effective job for our clients.
- Training is an ever-growing part of the agency. In the last two years, Jellyfish has trained over 2,000 customers in digital marketing, as well as many members of our 350-strong global team. You’ll also get the opportunity to improve your knowledge in areas that you’ve never been exposed to before.
- We are a rapidly growing agency. Be part of the journey!
About the role
The SEO manager plays a key role in Jellyfish. The role is creative, technical, and managerial; responsible for contributing heavily to strategic planning and execution on a campaign level, plus also being involved in new business opportunities as and when they arise. The SEO manager will, over time, establish themselves as an agency thought-leader, and contribute heavily to internal knowledge-share activity and events.
- Supporting in the development of sophisticated SEO strategies which accurately address the objectives and KPIs of clients.
- Producing comprehensive technical SEO analysis of client websites/assets to facilitate the development of clear, actionable optimisation roadmaps.
- Conducting onsite content audits to identify how client content should be optimised to perform better within the organic SERPs. This may include the adjustment of existing content OR the creation of new pages and web regions.
- Developing white-hat link-earning and outreach strategies geared towards building brand awareness across the web while strengthening organic ranking signals.
- Nurturing and developing relationships with online influencers.
- Participating in the development of offsite content marketing strategies which accurately address the marketing, search, and brand awareness objectives of the client.
- Local SEO and citation management.
- Troubleshooting and participating in risk mitigation exercises and penalty removal for clients who may have previously conducted black-hat activity.
- Ensuring that audits, research, and landscape investigations are properly utilised to deliver insight-driven strategies. This may include assessing the performance and techniques of competitor websites.
- Providing an exceptional level of reporting.
- Attending key campaign meetings (internal and client-facing).
- Coordinating content-based activity and processes required to effectively run SEO and social campaigns. This may involve hands-on copywriting on occasion.
- Creating queries and dashboards, and pulling data from technology suites.
- Working closely with internal Jellyfish staff to develop integrated digital marketing campaigns. This will involve partnering with lead practitioners from the Social, Content, Paid Media, Display, Creative, Development, and UX teams.
- Working closely with client services and project management teams to stay on budget and within agreed timeframes.
- Identifying strategic opportunities and facilitating change where needed, in order to hit client expectations.
Knowledge and experience requirements
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Three+ years of SEO and digital marketing experience
- Results and value-focused
- Excellent knowledge of leading industry software and tools, such as Searchmetrics, BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, Brandwatch, Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Majestic SEO, A-hrefs, Accuranker, Deep Crawl, Cognitive SEO and more
- Organised and capable of managing multiple campaigns, tasks, and team members
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team
- An outgoing, positive thinker, with consistent levels of evident enthusiasm
- Flexible, versatile, and able to cope well under pressure
- Open and honest
- Direct; comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has high personal standards and promotes them in others
- A valued team member, who upholds Jellyfish’s values and professional integrity at all times
Posted on 13 Jun 08:02
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Manager jobs
- Content Marketing Manager, Umhlanga, Jellyfish South Africa
- Account Manager, Durban, Durban Central, GPP
- Branch Manager, Ballito, Sandi Crowther Recruitment
- Account Manager (assistant to key account director), Durban, Kloof
- Copywriter/Content Manager, Durban
- Assistant Front Office Manager/Supervisor, Umhlanga, HotelStaff
- Chain Visual Merchandise Manager, Durban, Talented Recruitment
- Store Manager, Greytown, Rage
- Regional Sales Manager, Durban, MPRTC Recruitment
- Store Manager, Pietermaritzburg, Rage
- Store Manager, Izingolweni, Rage
- Digital Account Manager, Durban, La Lucia, Liquorice
- Social Media Community Manager, Durban, Mount Edgecombe
- Digital Marketing Manager, Durban, New Media Talent
- Assistant Manager, Durban, MPRTC Recruitment
- Assistant Manager – Transaction Services, Durban, MPRTC Recruitment
- Product Designer – Electrical, Richards Bay, MPRTC Recruitment
- Mobile Designer, Durban, Cardilogix
- Traffic Coordinator, Durban, Umhlanga
- Store Leader, Durban, Highway Area, Cape Union Mart