Job title: Senior web developer/team lead
Location: Second Floor, 2 Francis Street, Zonnebloem, and your lounge
Reporting line: Technical lead/senior management
Are you an experienced web developer with a sense of adventure and a passion for what you do? If so then we would love to meet you. We are looking for a senior web developer who will join our dev team as Team Lead.
Who we are
Platinum Seed creates digital experiences that connect users and brands in new and interesting ways. As an agency, our clients range from established international brands to niche service providers and start-ups from around the globe. So working with us you will be exposed to a range of different project scopes, industries, challenges and experiences. At Platinum Seed, we value individual diversity and always strive to foster an open and collaborative culture. With flexi-time, remote working, regular sharing sessions and Friday drinks (lockdown permitting), we believe that work can, and should be, a fun and fulfilling part of a balanced life.
Our tech stack and the type of work we do
Our wheelhouse includes bespoke websites designed from scratch, bespoke platform builds, e-commerce websites, API/CRM integrations, general web development support and functional upgrades.
Our preferred stack for custom development is:
- Laravel Nova admin panel
- Twill CMS framework
- AWS hosting (NGINX, Docker)
- Bitbucket deployments
- Docker (with Lando) for local development environment
As a digital agency, we also can’t ignore WordPress. That said, for custom builds we have established development patterns utilising:
- Roots Sage starter theme which provides a MVC structure, blade templating, built-in webpack build process
- Established interface patterns using Advanced Custom Fields Pro and Gravity Forms
- For plugins we try to limit use a handful of established plugins, otherwise, we develop our own plugins the ground up according to our own requirements
- For non-bespoke WordPress projects, we take a low code approach utilising themes, with some development to tweak certain features and layouts, but overall we try to reduce the development requirement.
As a member of the development team, you will be responsible for:
- Producing well-written code to meet project requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Developing robust flexible systems, integrations and interfaces.
As team lead, you will also be actively developing, however, your responsibilities will also include:
- Contributing to project scopes, specs, plans and timelines
- Facilitating client requirement gathering workshops
- Monitoring team member growth paths and mentoring
- Helping communicate sensitive issues to management
- Assist project management to ensure work is correctly distributed in the team and ensure projects are kept on schedule
- Ensure systems are kept up to date and processes and standards are followed in the team
Required skills and experience:
- Six+ years web development experience
- Experience in a leadership role, whether it just be the lead developer on a project, or as an active team or department lead
- Experience executing a full development cycle, from producing specs, to active development to QA, launching and ongoing support
- Experienced with PHP development
- Working experience with API’s
- Good grasp of MySQL
- Well versed in the HTML5 standards
- Proficient in SASS/CSS features and techniques
- Proficient understanding of Git version control
- Understanding of dependency management and build processes (Composer, NPM, Yarn, Webpack, etc.)
- Laravel, Vue.Js , WordPress, Roots/Sage, experience
- Digital agency experience
- Devops experience on LAMP stack, AWS, Docker, BitBucket pipelines
- Experience with native app development and/or PWA development
- Advanced SEO knowledge
- Python, NodeJs experience
- You are curious about new digital technologies.
- You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals.
- You have the ability to lead and support your fellow team members.
- You are honest, transparent and accountable.
- You take pride in your work.
- You have an eye for detail and are highly organised.
- You have a desire to stay learning and make an impact in your workplace.
If this sounds like a match for you, send us your CV moc.deesmunitalp@enad, along with your salary expectations and at least two references and let’s chat.
Posted on 13 Oct 15:37