This national transport company is keen to appoint a Senior Transport Accountant, reporting to the Financial Manager.
Core purpose of the role:
- Responsible for analysing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Keep records and accounts accurate and current.
- Daily, weekly and monthly transactional processing.
- Research and resolve discrepancies and accounting errors.
- Complete related reports, summaries, and records.
- Create monthly reports.
- Assistance with year end audit. Deadline management.
- B.Com (Finance) / B.Com (Accounting) or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience – exp in transport advantageous.
- Advanced Excel skills – database knowledge highly advantageous.
- Strong accounting and analytical abilities.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Solution oriented.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Take responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of assigned accounting functions.
- Post a number of transactions to the appropriate general ledger account.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Perform miscellaneous filing/sorting of checks, journals, etc.
- Complete required records and reports and maintain files.
- Complete various accounting functions in accordance with established policies and procedures, including:
- Prepare financial reports and statistical reports (km’s, fuel consumptions, etc.);
- Perform variance analysis to budget and prior year;
- Prepare notes to the reports;
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations with proper supporting documents to substantiate balances;
- Post monthly journals including but not limited to depreciation, payroll, interest, prepayments;
- Maintain fixed asset register and manage asset additions and disposals;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Ensure all invoices for the period have been authorised and captured in creditor module;
- Creditors reconciliation’s;
- Oversee debtors reconciliations, invoicing, receipting;
- Maintain back-ups of accounting package data;
- Participate in annual audit;
- Prepare VAT reconciliation for submissions;
- Budgeting, income statement;
- Forecasts (cash and financial performance).
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and co-ordination with staff and management.
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- Assist accounting team as needed.
- Keep management informed of activities and of any significant problems.
- Report on the status of all account reconciliations to the Financial Manager.
- Take on special projects as required.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.