A renowned investment firm requires a senior systems support analyst to provide a lead technical role on all SQL based applications. Work closely with the Digital support and development teams to continuously improve the stability in this environment. Tertiary qualification with MS Windows and SQL Server, SQL Scripting, eCommerce Web application environment and IT application support. Linux experience mandatory.
- Provide a lead technical role on all SQL based applications.
- Work with domains to continuously drive application architecture and configuration improvement.
- Work closely with the digital support and development teams to continuously improve the stability in this environment.
- Work with domains and support teams to improve software deployment techniques and procedures.
- Ensure that software releases deployed into the production environment follow documented IT procedures.
- Ensure all agreed release and support procedures are followed.
- Provide 2nd line application technical support on all applications and databases to support teams and all Retail Domains when required.
- Afterhours standby and support may be required from time to time.
- Liaise with 3rd line development teams to resolve user incidents, when required.
- Adhere to agile work management methodologies.
- Tertiary qualification in computer science or information systems.
- Excellent Microsoft Windows and SQL server knowledge with practical experience.
- SQL scripting skills.
- Significant experience in an eCommerce web application environment and IIS management.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of a Windows Server environment.
- Significant previous experience in a pressurised operations support environment.
- Five+ years’ work experience in an IT applications support environment.
- Linux experience mandatory
- A good understanding of application development principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the company’s application environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong logical thinking and deductive reasoning.
- Tenacity and execution.
- Planning and managing people and process.
- Effective communication style.
- Stress tolerant.
- Team player.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to
and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.
Posted on 06 Jun 09:35
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Get job alerts for Analyst jobs
- Data Manager/Analyst, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Lead Analyst Programmer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Systems Support Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior Business Analyst, Cape Town, Waterfront
- Business Analyst/Requirements Analyst – Mobile, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Senior Business Analyst, Western Cape, Capfin
- Credit Analyst, Western Cape, Capfin
- Junior Test Analyst, Cape Town, Liquorice
- IT Quality Test Analyst, Western Cape, Capfin
- IT Application Support/ Business Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Black Pen Recruitment
- Technical Project Manager – Business Analyst, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Risk Analyst/Auditor, George, Badger Holdings
- Analyst Developer – .Net, Cape Town, Datafin
- Web Analyst, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Customer Insights Analyst, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Junior Data Analyst, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Test Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Datafin
- Digital Data Analyst, Cape Town CBD, Ninety9Cents
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Actuarial Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Data Analyst, Cape Town, Constantia, Recruit Digital
- Senior Research Analyst – Qualitative, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Data Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Datafin
- Senior Analyst Developer – C#, Cape Town, Datafin
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, Capfin
- Analyst Developer – Electronic Delivery Channels, Stellenbosch, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Business Analyst – Electronic Delivery Channels, Stellenbosch, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Analyst Developer – Innovation, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Business Systems Analyst, Cape Town, Cape Town, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group