|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid and Pension Fund|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||DNA Brand Architects|
The senior strategist is responsible for the development of programs of our strategic practice. The Senior Strategist reports to the director of strategy in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment with the aim of winning new business as well as managing the strategic marketing programs for some of the most recognised clients.
The senior strategy architect develops strategic programs and thinking for our clients on an ongoing and project basis. S/he will create and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, developing strategic solutions and plans that best fit the agency and clients’ needs. S/he is responsible for creating brand identities through research and applying experience to uncover an in-depth knowledge of the personas, organisational process, competitive threats and opportunities of a client’s business. The SSA will also manage the campaign measurement process to ensure that clients and agency are aligned on key performance metrics, establishing realistic business goals, and providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimised strategies moving forward.
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Innovator and influencer level communications.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- Work that is strategic and above all creative.
- New Business Development.
- Leading inhouse strategist.
- Reviews, analyses and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: media output, creative output, research reports and client data.
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing proposals, works with producer in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Understand business objectives, challenges and opportunities of target and industry.
- Responsible for departmental vision, structure, and management while providing leadership, accountability, and mentorship to brand strategy.
- Develop in collaboration with the agency team, innovative and / or differentiating products and services.
- Understands and can analyse a client’s personas, marketing positions, and consumer journeys.
- Devote considerable time to clients and their teams.
- Cultivate client relationships through meetings and phone calls to understand their business, expectations and needs.
- Client management:
- Working with account teams to craft strategies, develop creative approaches and manage budgets.
- Write copy and contribute to campaign ideas.
- Work closely with clients and ensure that projected designs/concepts match requirements and are functional, out of the box, economical and represent The DNA Way.
- Design multiple concepts/ideas, brand extensions or modifications to existing brands/ideas and recommend on the restoration of old brands/concepts.
- Improve segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, product and market development, promotions, communications and budgets, strategic planning and services units
- Enable growth and marketing strategies at a client and assist by increasing revenue generation.
- Assist with preparation marketing strategy:
- Cultivate programs with measurable objectives to measure results and implements and manages marketing plans.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights.
- Assist and design the development of new products/solutions and contributes to the creation of product/solutions roadmap.
- Works together on the crafting of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the client’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and all Client’s marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Understands client’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organisation, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Designs and supports the editorial, production and distribution of Clients’ publications.
- Establish media interest in the Client’s company and confirms regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the client’s representative with the media.
- Manages the appearance of all Clients’ print and electronic materials.
- Provide technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Assists the client with regularly conducting relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity.
- Monitor and research trends.
- Manages projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Manage a project from start to finish and work with a number of marketing/design professionals, including brand/associate architects, brands assistants and creative designers, producing concepts and specifications that the production team works towards.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the DNA Brand equity & positioning.
- Accountable for consistency of Brand execution across all projects within the consultancy.
- Ensuring an integrated marketing approach across multiple functions (ATL, BTL, PR, In-store and Local marketing activities).
- Coordinate the development and manage, through Associate Architects, the activities that form part of client’s annual projects.
- Optimise the promotional planning and forecasting of revenue and gross profit (efficient scenario planning).
- Maintain and maximise relationships with key suppliers and proactively seek out new opportunities to drive the business forward.
- Coaching, mentoring and managing performance of Associate Architects & that of Senior Associate Architects.
- Executes the business strategy and adopts and adherence to financial requirements.
- Manages project financial budgets and targets, ensuring that there is adequate funding for all targets and plans, especially to meet development and capacity needs for delivery on client’s projects.
- Analyses actual expenditure, explains variances, and determines options in use of available budget to meet real needs.
- Assesses financial performance and instigates required improvements of allocations.
Qualifications and requirements
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions.
- Minimum of five year’s experience brand/marketing/communications strategy experience in integrated, brand and digital communications.
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record of building clients and expansion of client accounts.
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications.
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Expert knowledge of all functional agency departments, capabilities and service areas.
- Deep understanding of a wide range of industries, markets and brands, and what it takes to stand out and service them.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments, traveling as required.
- Great project management abilities.
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge.
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
Knowledge and skills
- An Optimistic Nature.
- The Ability to Take Action.
- Controlled Emotion.
- Outstanding Research and analytical.
- Project Management.
- The Ability to Trust Others.
- Storytelling And Story making.
- Customer obsession.
- Understanding segmentation.
- Promote integration.
- Embrace Change.
- Promote Innovation.
- Global Mind-set.
- Budget management and financial acumen.
- Strategy creation and business planning.
- Relationship management (internal & external).
- People management and development.
- Creative and lateral thinking.
- High attention to detail.
- Negotiation skills.
- Proactive thinking and networking skills.
- High level presentations skills.
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
Posted on 14 Jul 12:18
+27 11 465 8784
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Architect jobs
- C# Systems Architect, Sandton, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Solutions Architect – Integration, Johannesburg, Midrand, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Interface Solutions Architect, Pretoria, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior RPG Developer/Architect, Pretoria, Centurion, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Systems Architect – C#, Johannesburg, Sandton, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Modern Workplace Solutions Architect, Pretoria, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- iOS Mobile Developer/Architect, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Linux Solutions Architect, Pretoria, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Java Architect – Cloud, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Solutions Architect – C#/Angular/Node, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Solution Architect, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Solution Architect, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior SAP Technical Security Architect, Pretoria, Menlyn, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior Software Developer/Architect – C#, Pretoria, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Software Systems Architect – C#, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior C# Solutions Architect, Pretoria, Centurion, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior Data Architect, Johannesburg, Sandton, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Security Architect, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Solutions Architect, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Online Analyst/Content Producer, Johannesburg, Industria West, The Citizen