|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
The position entails Teaching, Research and Community Interaction in the field of New Testament in the Faculty of Theology.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching
- High-quality postgraduate supervision
- Developing and managing research programmes within the context of the New Testament
- Delivering research outputs in terms of reports, papers, articles and monographs
- Attending national and international subject conferences and symposia
- Developing national and international research networks and partnerships
- Involvement with the church and community in all its forms
- Ensuring the practical relevance of modules with respect to church and societal issues
- The position is related to the general functioning, management and administration of New Testament within the Faculty and University
- A doctoral degree in New Testament
- Formal qualification in Greek, at least at HEQSF level 7 (Classical and/or Koine Greek 3) and Biblical Hebrew at HEQSF level 5 (Biblical Hebrew 1)
- Proven experience of teaching at a tertiary level
- Proven research record and accredited publications in New Testament and/or cognate areas
- Language proficiency (academic and general) in English
- Computer literacy
- An outstanding academic profile
- NRF rating
- Experience in teaching and/or research on the Johannine literature and/or General Epistles
- Proven experience of postgraduate supervision
- Postgraduate qualification in (Koine) Greek
- Biblical Hebrew 2 and/or 3
- Academic language proficiency in Afrikaans and a third South African language
- The ability to use computer and information technology in teaching and learning
Commencement of duties: 1 January 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 17 July 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Prof LJM Claassens, Discipline group Old and New Testament, on 021 808 9264, or at
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 22 Jun 11:30
Get job alerts for Lecturer jobs
- Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Lecturer – Actuarial Science, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Junior Lecturer – Statistics/Actuarial Science, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Director of Photography, Cape Town
- Junior Photographer/Videographer, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Junior Photographer / Videographer, Cape Town, Muizenberg, Faithful to Nature Recruiter