Be at the forefront of cutting-edge medical research and tech, as the next Senior IT Support Specialist sought by a global medical research company for their Mtubatuba site in Durban. Your core role involves ensuring end users receive optimal and exceptional IT support. You will require an IT Degree/Diploma or Certifications such as MCSA, CCNA, ITILv3 and at least four+ years’ experience in the IT industry of which at least a year should have been in a similar role. Your skill set should include: Microsoft Windows operating systems and technologies, Microsoft Server Operating systems, 2008, 2012, 2016, Exchange, SharePoint, MS SQL, Active Directory, Group Policies and DHCP, DNS and General Networking. Please note this is a 12-Month Contract.
- Work closely with the senior IT server engineer to bridge the gap between back-end server support and desktop implementation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day technical support to the end-users at all levels.
- Assemble, prepare and present all operational statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to Head of Information Technology.
- Mentor junior colleagues.
- IT degree/diploma or certifications such as MCSA, CCNA, ITILv3, etc.
- Four+ years’ experience in the IT field.
- At least one year of experience as a senior desktop support or similar position.
- Experience working with all Microsoft technologies.
- Strong Microsoft Windows operating systems experience.
- Microsoft Server Operating systems, 2008, 2012, 2016 experience.
- Microsoft Server products incl. Exchange, SharePoint, MS SQL.
- Active Directory and Group Policies.
- DHCP, DNS and general networking.
- Valid driver’s License.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Report Writing.
- Able to work independently and show initiative.
- Meticulous analytical and organisational skills with proven ability to multi-task.
- Can work in a multidisciplinary team, flexible and a good team player.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Conflict Management.
- Good problem-solving skills (both technical & soft).
- Able to document information accurately and methodically.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to
and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 10 Jul 14:31
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.