|Reference:||#Senior Media Buyer|
The group senior media planner will help the brand managers to maximise the impact of their advertising and public relations campaigns in a particular medium — print, broadcast , or internet. By ensuring that the campaigns reach the desired audiences, the media managers help in generating revenues for brands. In order to do this, the group senior media planner will be required to formulate strategies to research the product, the target audience and understand the objectives and implement those findings to decide which medium, geographical region and time will be suitable for a particular campaign.
The Group Senior Media Planner will negotiate, buy and scan media space on behalf of the company. They play a critical role in generating revenues and/or to mould public opinion, so their target is to reach the most number of people at the lowest cost possible.
Key performance areas (KPAS)
- In the research stage, the Group Senior Media Planner must first comprehend the brands’ objectives, its target audience and budget.
- Group Senior Media Planner then works with the creative department, brand manager and PR manager to make the ideal campaign for the product.
- The Group Senior Media Planner will need to work across a range of media, with more than one brand at a time, locally and internationally.
- The Group Senior Media Planner must identify the appropriate target audience for a media campaign and work out strategies on how to reach the maximum number of people.
- The Group Senior Media Planner must also be up to date with industry research figures, statistics, distribution numbers of newspapers and magazines etc.
- The group senior media planner has to keep track of how well a company or a brand is portrayed and covered in different media such as newspapers, television and the internet
- Group senior media planner has to keep track of where and how often a product is mentioned and how many people have seen the article, ad or programme
- Group senior media planner has to analyse the effect of the campaign
- Group senior media planner has to analyse if that article was successful in creating a positive image or did not create an impact
- Group senior media planner also has to see if that particular audience is important for the product’s success.
- Group senior media planner will need to work with PR manager and PR team on Press campaigns
- Tracking GEV and amending budgets accordingly
- Internal accounts liaison
- Support to other divisions within the Marketing Department.
Media department management
- The group senior media planner
- Coordinate tasks with other marketing division
- Implement systems and training where/when required
- Manage relationships with all external suppliers
Private tertiary education provider.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong reporting skills
- Exceptional knowledge of media industries
- Ability to work across all levels
- Good administration skills
Posted on 19 May 11:46
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.