The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of complex Oracle based solutions and systems.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Administration and management of databases in DEV, QA, pre-prod & production environments.
- Provide technical expertise on the installation, setup, configuration of database servers, including infrastructure
- Pro-active monitoring of databases both from a performance and capacity management perspective.
- Performance tuning and optimization of database schema, indexes, stored procedures etc.
- Perform database maintenance activities such as backup/recovery, rebuilding and reorganizing indexes.
- Ensure that all database releases are properly assessed and measured from a functionality and performance perspective.
- Ensure that all database environments are up to date with the latest service packs, patches & security fixes.
- Take ownership and ensure high quality, timely delivery of database related projects on hand.
- Collaborate with application developers and operations/support teams in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- BSc (Computer Science) or similar tertiary qualification
- Certification in Oracle (OCP – DBA 12c or later)
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge and experience of Oracle database technologies including
- Oracle database solution architecture design
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle backup and DR solutions (RMAN, DataGuard and Standby databases)
- Oracle database security
- Performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of SQL language and PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Unix operating systems and environments
- Knowledge of Oracle WebLogic server environments is an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server environments is an advantage
- Knowledge of Oracle Advanced security
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle APEX, ORDS and Tomcat.
- Ability to develop in Java or a similar object-oriented programming language
- Good at problem solving and troubleshooting
- Offsite and onsite implementations of technical projects
- Compilation of technical documentation
- Able to learn new programming languages
- Min 12 years working experience in implementing and maintaining Oracle database solutions
- Min 8 years working experience on Linux/UNIX based operating systems
- Min 8 years development experience of shell/bash scripts, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Min 8 years of experience defining and implementing Oracle database standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex IT solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, configure and customize Oracle database and Linux platform monitoring solutions (eg. Oracle Management Cloud, Nagios, etc)
- Innovative and Creative
- Contributes to team success
- Quality orientated
- Mentors and coaches
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong research skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be prepared to travel
- Must be prepared to do after hours work and 24×7 standby support
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.