|Remuneration:||R600000 – R650000 per year|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
A senior Android developer is required to develop mobile apps include messaging features such as push notifications, rich media support, group chat and more for a large media house based in Durban. The messaging management component is a web-based application that collects and delivers messaging across multiple messaging streams. The apps also deliver live and on-demand audio and video overall connection types, underpinned by Microsoft Azure’s hosting services.
Reference number for this position is SJ48441. This is a permanent position based in Umhlanga offering a cost to company salary of R650,000 per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Email Showmona Juggernath on
or alternatively call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities that you may be seeking.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals: https://www.e-merge.co.za/careers/referralprogramme/
- Six years’ experience as a mobile developer.
- Five years+ experience working as a native Android app developer
- Three years’ experience working as a senior Android app developer, having filled the primary role on a shipped Android app developed natively.
- One year+ experience using Kotlin.
- Well versed in unit and automated testing techniques for Android apps.
- Strong competency in Git.
- Published and/or maintained live app(s) in the App Store.
- Experience in UI design.
- Experience in a leadership/team lead role.
- Agile/Scrum methodologies or have worked in an Agile/Scrum team.
- Familiar with an in-flight teaching and mentoring atmosphere
- Completed the Android NanoDegree.
- Experience writing Bash Scripts.
- Be directly involved in creating native apps for our clients and partners in the fields of media, communications, and education.
- Actively contribute to ideation, strategy, implementation and iteration of features and functionality for Fabrik.
- Be responsible for upholding code quality and testing practices for our fleet of Android apps.
- Take ownership of re-architecting the existing Android codebase into a modular architecture.
- Manage the transition from Java to Kotlin.
- Uphold our values of service, quality, maintainability, design and iteration in a teaching and learning environment.
- Be accountable for creating and maintaining world-class applications
Posted on 15 Apr 08:04
011 463 3633
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.