Our client is seeking a Rooms Division Manager & Assistant General Manager to effectively and profitably manage and control the food and beverage department.
The purpose of the position is to maintain operating standards as laid down by the Company and responsible for the achievement of desired operating results.
Open position : Rooms Division Manager & Assistant General Manager
Location : Addo
Type : Permanent position
Salary : Market related
** This employment will include staff accommodation**
Job requirements :
•Recognized 3 year Tertiary qualification in the Hospitality industry will be an advantage
•5 years’ experience in the Front Office Department of which at least 3 years should have been in a managerial position
•High Level of computer literacy with emphasis on Opera & Microsoft office and Micros
•Revenue Management experience
•Well-developed leadership, training, communication and interpersonal skills
•Good business acumen with competent financial understanding
•Knowledge of budgets and budget setting, yield management and revenue controls with the ability to maximize departmental profit percentages through enhanced revenues and cost control measures in place.
•Ability to work shifts and occasional overtime
•Must have sound Industrial Relations experience
• Ensures the highest standards of safety and hygiene are maintained in the food and Beverage department.
• Directs, coordinates and controls the efforts of the food and beverage personnel in maintaining the highest standard of service, presentation and efficiency.
• Controlling of labor costs within the food and beverage department.
• Develop relationships with guests ensuring their return.
• Maintain the food and beverage costs and ensure pricing is market related.
• Analysis of the F&B financials
• Plan and monitor income & expenditure against budget
• Experience in operational controls and the ability to implement controls according to the operational requirements.
• Above average knowledge of food, beverage and wine service and products.
• Training staff, skills development of personnel
• Complete management of the Food and Beverage Department.
• Maintain excellent operational standards and service levels.
• Maximise sales and control costs to enhance profit margins.
• Efficiently and effectively manage all operating equipment to maintain standards and cost containment
• Monitor the performance of all food and beverage management and staff at all times
• Maintain consistent and fair discipline within the food and beverage department
• Maintain the micros point of sales system
• Endure all information is captured accurately in Micros
• Coordinate & oversee F&B Stock takes
• Assist in putting quotes & menu’s together for weddings & functions
• Assist HOD team in coordinating general Lodge operations in the absence of the General Manager
• Managing casual and contract staff
• Ensure all staff are trained within the agreed guidelines.
• Shift Duty Management
• Assist Head Chef in planning and putting menus together
Candidates meeting all the above criteria are invited to email their CV to email@example.com
If you have not received contact from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.