Analytic and systematic person with exceptional organisational capabilities who can work well as part of a team and independently.
- At least five years’ experience as a traffic manager in an advertising agency
- A good working knowledge of radio, TV, and print production
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Above average scheduling capabilities is crucial for this role
- Process driven
- Solutions driven
- Analytical thinking and understanding the bigger picture. This requires an ability to dissect and compartmentalise briefs based on requirements, resources and deliverables
- Calm and collected – ability to remain super cool under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Great people skills – must be able to work with a wide range of personalities and possess the ability to motivate the team
- Great negotiation skills
- Expert use of Chase software is a prerequisite for consideration
- Experience working with agencies and third-party partners
- Preferable – tertiary qualification (or a degree/diploma in a relevant field)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Chase
Critically, the role is about managing workflows, maintaining, and growing internal relationships and delivery on deadlines.
- Assign tasks to the relevant creatives and check the statuses of outstanding tasks.
- Conduct a daily morning meeting with the ECD/CDs to evaluate a project. This daily meeting is also crucial for red flags, planning, and any crisis management required.
- Clear and concise communicate with all departments/partner agencies.
- Conduct weekly status meetings to gather and share information with the account manager teams and the production agency.
- Plan and manage the creative workflow in order to ensure timeous delivery of projects while utilising the Chase Whiteboard as a tool for scheduling.
- Compile and update timing plans.
- Assist in resource planning and management of allocated hours for all out-of-scope jobs.
- Track the status of CEs for all out of scope projects and ensure work does not commence without the relevant cost approvals.
- Ensure that the work is being completed on schedule and budget is adhered to.
- Submit the job to finance for invoicing when appropriate.
- Assist with overflow on any other agency accounts when the need arises.
- Assist with any operations related work, as and when needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Proactive and demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Mature and able to handle large spikes of work and pressure
- Stable personality
- Highly organised
Posted on 19 May 15:22
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Ogilvy Cape Town
Ogilvy & Mather is the leader in the industry, focused on building and transforming brands.
Get job alerts for Traffic Manager jobs
- Traffic Manager, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Traffic Manager, Cape Town, Talented Recruitment
- Junior Traffic Manager, Cape Town, Cape Town, Talent Magnet
- Ad Traffic Controller, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Ad Traffic Intern, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Digital Ad Traffic Intern, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Programming Traffic Coordinator, Cape Town, Greenpoint