|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||Talent Magnet – Digital Recruitment|
A leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Retail Marketing Manager Home Division to join their team in Cape Town to complement and play a key role in their accomplished team of Marketing professionals. The business is exceptionally dynamic and fast paced, as the e-commerce environment is ever evolving and significantly growing.
Prospective candidates for the Home Division should have experience in working across the following retail departments:
- Small Appliances
- DIY and Automotive products
- Garden Pool and Patio products
- Large Appliances
- Responsible for defining and implementing Retail Marketing, Sponsorship’s, Partnership and Commercial plans
- Define and implement Department and Division level Marketing plans and programs (across all marketing channels) that drive visits and support GMV, growth and shopper acquisition objectives.
- Build relationships internally with the Retail & Marketplace teams to identify product based marketing opportunities that the marketing team will need to execute on.
- Coordinate Retail Marketing team and work closely with and support the Division and Department Managers to achieve overall growth KPI’s.
- Optimise and manage the Retail & Marketplace department marketing priority executions, process and reporting.
- Own and manage Partnership, Marketing Income, Coupon and Loyalty marketing budget spend and targets. Be responsible for achieving and tracking all Retail Marketing, Partnership and commercial KPI’s.
- Developing external relationships with partners to secure and grow shopper acquisition and retention.
- Build relationships with suppliers, sellers and partners to identify strong co-branding opportunities, and craft value exchange / co-op marketing agreements with these partners.
- Attract new buyers to the site through partnership opportunities with big brands in the market, particularly banks, and engaging in ongoing strategies to unlock the potential of those partnerships.
- Operational and Management reporting weekly and monthly (incl retail dept level reporting)
- A strong strategic thinker who has worked with C-level executives – an ability to craft marketing plans to build department sales
- A highly driven individual who is motivated to drive meaningful sales revenue for the business through retail marketing initiatives including – onsite sales, product launches, co-marketing opportunities with suppliers, event and sponsorship marketing.
- An inquisitive mind with a passion for data – be highly analytical, using data to inform decisions
- An understanding of e-commerce and the key levers that drive sales in an e-commerce environment
- A strong working knowledge of Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel is required
- Tech Savvy – have a passion for technology and how to use technological solutions to improve performance
- Creative mindset – be able to craft numerous campaigns across many departments
- Solutions-oriented – have a can-do attitude and high energy
- Highly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail will be very important; strong administrative skills
- A person who is a very strong relationship builder and can unlock opportunities with partners and suppliers.
- Good negotiation skills
- eCommerce marketing experience
- Experience in developing and managing annual marketing budgets
- A track record of having developed and implemented successful integrated marketing campaigns across all touchpoints
- Experience in managing a team, external agencies and having large budget responsibility.
- A track record of having grown a customer base and performed on acquisition and revenue targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse teams.
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities and multiple projects that will impact the business at various levels
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in business, marketing or communication
- A minimum of 8-10 years retail and marketing experience
- Experience working across marketing channels – Digital, ATL, Partnerships, Commercial – with demonstrable results
- Retail or e-commerce industry experience beneficial
Posted on 04 Feb 07:58