|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Mountain View|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Reference:||#PR – 001|
|Company:||Rito Group of Companies|
Rito Group is Looking for a public relations consultant
We are seeking to hire a public relations specialist who will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for our clients. The consultants will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, and corporate media by coordinating content for press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences, and coaching client representatives in the correct way of communicating with stakeholders. They will also be responsible for the design and execution of internal communications.
To be successful in this role, consultants need deep understanding of consumer marketing, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience in handling a press conference is also an advantage.
Public relations responsibilities:
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Writing press releases and other media communications to promote clients.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favourable public and stockholder views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Preparing and editing organizational publications, including employee newsletters or stockholders’ reports, for internal and external audiences.
- Updating and maintaining Web content.
- Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions.
Rito Group is an investment company with interests in consulting firms in energy and marketing.
Public relations requirements:
- Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional media outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with social media platforms.
- Project management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
Duration: Six months, starting November 2020
Posted on 29 Sep 14:48