|Company:||AKA Recruitment International|
A leading tour operator in Century City, Cape Town, wishes to employ a project coordinator – MICE who has extensive experience in sourcing and booking venues and entertainment to join their international and dynamic team. The company specialises in tour packages and travel arrangements for various Southern and Eastern African regions. The right candidate will successfully handle and plan events, conferences, meeting and incentives.
Key performance areas:
- Prepare customised proposals based on client brief and quoting of correct costing in Excel and Passion according to company guidelines
- Implement ground arrangements and domestic/regional reservations for programs including the booking of venues, décor supplies, technical suppliers etc.
- Negotiate with relevant suppliers for special rates in order to obtain business
- Management of financials pertaining to the event and hiring of additional staff for events upon approval of your superior
- Input all relevant data into Passion or any other software used to sell our products
- Onsite management of actual event including meet & greet, check-in, function management, conference coordination, transport facilitation etc.
- Compile detailed cost analysis and final invoicing
- Keep up to date with product changes
- Assist the Divisional Manager in his / her absence with checking quotations
Qualifications and experiences:
- Matric with relevant tertiary qualification (advantageous)
- Extensive MICE experience / three to five years’ experience in incentive travel
- Exception verbal and written skills in English
- Additional languages such as German (advantageous)
- Demonstrated literacy in MS Office applications
- High level of customer service experience (essential)
- Extensive knowledge of Southern Africa ‘s products (essential)
- Tourplan knowledge (advantageous)
- Willingness to travel nationally and regionally
- Proficient organisational skills, negotiating skills and attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license and own transport (essential)
If you meet the above requirements and if you are interested in this position, are a South African Citizen, please send your CV to
Posted on 02 Jun 17:20
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.