- Ad Placed : 25 Aug 2020 12:00:44 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
A Project Chemist position has become available in the Paper Technologies department, to provide chemical and process technical support for the sales team, internal projects and initiatives as well as customers, to achieve sustainable growth in sales and profitability.
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (plus Hons pref).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience, preferable in the Paper/Pulp industry.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide technical support to the paper technologies sales team to support the execution of the Global and Africa sales and marketing strategies.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of assigned projects and resources to support sales initiatives.
- Provide technical support to the sales team during product trials.
- Use chemical analyses to identify solutions for customer processes.
- Support and improve SHERQ compliance to deliver on the targeted sales.
The incumbent will have the following knowledge, skill and behaviour requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of analytical and applied chemistry.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Knowledge of good Laboratory Practices.
- Advanced knowledge of chemical, mathematical and process related calculations.
- Problem solving and Risk Assessment skills.
- Good understanding of laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond to customer enquiries/complaints, regulatory agencies, or customer.
- Handle pressure?
- Attention to detail?
- Problem solver?
- Results oriented attitude?
- Communicate at all levels?
This is a challenging opportunity with great prospects for growth!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.