Main Objective of the Position:
Overall responsibility for the management of the programme titled Higher Certificate in Business Management.
? Facilitation of Teaching and Learning and administer assessment of selected modules through a distance mode of delivery, with a specific focus on online delivery.
? Quality management of associated modules.
? Engaging students through institutional and online platforms to support learning.
? Collaborate in the research and design of new academic programmes and modules.
? Actively contribute to the operations of the Department.
Key Performance Areas:
- Academic Management and Leadership
- Teaching and Learning
- Enhance the Student experience
- Academic citizenship / Community Engagement
Key Functional / Technical Knowledge:
- Intimate knowledge of the Business Management discipline including the ability to facilitate teaching and learning at NQF levels 5 to 7 in this field.
- Apart from the area of specialisation stated in 1 above, the incumbent has sound knowledge of and the ability to facilitate teaching and learning in any TWO of the following business-related subjects:
o Leadership, Human Resource Management, Production and Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Project Management, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Business Ethics, Innovation and Creativity, Commercial Law, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Information Systems, Risk Management and Business Continuity, Business Communication.
- Knowledge of online and Internet-based education technologies.
- Learning materials development and assessment design
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds. The ability to communicate in at least one African language will be beneficial.
- Ability to communicate and engage with people, the ability to produce “rich” media e.g. videos, audio, etc. to support and enhance the learning process
- A strong passion for education coupled with an understanding of the SA education landscape
Education and Qualification:
A postgraduate qualification (preferably at Masters level or at a minimum Honours level) in Business Management or a cognate discipline.
• An additional post graduate qualification(s) in teaching and/or assessment practices will be an advantage.
Computer and Digital Literacy Skills Required:
- Demonstrable competencies in Office Productivity Tools such as Spreadsheets, Presentations, Word Processing, Internet research, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office365 with associated applications.
- Proficiency in data analytics and academic management reporting.
- Competent in the use of digital authoring tools, such as Articulate, or ability to acquire the competency.
Onboard Training Requirements:
- Culture and Values sensitisation for Leaders
- Performance management training
- Customer service training
- MS Dynamics training
- iCan system training
- SUMIT systems training
- ESS sensitisation
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.