We have two creative agencies currently seeking the services of a production estimator.
One role is based on the East Rand, the other in Sandton.
The person needs to have the following experience:
Estimates labour and material costs of printing and binding books, pamphlets, periodicals, and other printed matter, based on specifications outlined on sales order or submitted by a prospective customer.
- Matric/Grade 12 certificate
- Own transport (valid licence)
- Ability to communicate soundly in English essential
- Well-groomed and attention to detail
You must know and understand Chase.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- Generating and submitting print estimates to Reps
- Assisting clients with print/estimate queries
- Create quotations
- Liaising with necessary departments regarding estimates, (i.e. sales, DTP, production)
- Referring a potential print job to production manager to view best possible options of printing the clients order
- Liaising with material suppliers and manufactures for material prices and availability
- Arranging material samples for clients
- Generating job and changing existing tickets for production department
- Admin work
- Sign off proofs
- Accurate gathering of information and reconciling thereof
- Liaising with various departments and employees on all levels
- Reconciling of accounts for production/outside departments
- Effective communication and operational interaction with finance and buying department, payments office and customers
- Placing of orders
- Accurate record keeping and filing
- Raise purchase orders for courier companies
- Purchase stock paper for department
- Purchase stock and consumables required
- Resolve queries that arise from the above or from accounts department regarding jobs
- Monthly reporting or other requirements needed by general manager
- Ensure that billing is correct at month-end
Posted on 01 Mar 13:38
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.