|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Penguin Random House South Africa|
LAPA Publishers, a division of Penguin Random House South Africa, has a vacancy for a qualified and dynamic person to work as a production assistant. Please note, LAPA Publishers’ offices are currently based in Pretoria, with plans to move to Midrand within the next year or early next year.
- Coordination and execution of various administrative production-related tasks in the publishing department of the company.
- Assistance in the execution of the annual publication program and production schedule.
- Compile and manage schedules and business plans for printed and digital products.
- Regular liaison with collaborators and writers.
- Request quotations and negotiate printing prices.
- Quality control of the printing and binding of new publications.
- Managing the production process of printed and digital products.
- Can work under high pressure and manage crises.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent planning skills.
If you are someone who has a love for books with a specific interest in Afrikaans literature and current affairs, has experience in Christian publishing and media, has good language and numeracy, has strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Pastel Evolution, among others, has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, has experience in the publishing industry, has strong organisational and public relations skills, an appropriate qualification and a valid driving license, this position is for you.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a covering letter, clearly stating your salary expectations.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 12 Nov 10:18