Lead the high-level platform design and technology selection for a new SaaS data platform.
You will be part of the SaaS Solutions team responsible for leading the design for an innovative new Data Platform for telecommunications organisations.
This is a Work from Home work from home opportunity. Open to all South Africans with the necessary skills.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Lead the design of products, solutions and data platforms to meet the features as defined by the Product Owner, obtaining the optimum balance between compliance to requirements and delivery times/costs/quality, within a virtual team.
- Work with the Product teams to help in the definition of roadmaps and further development of these products and data and analytics platforms.
- Work closely with the CTO during the prototype design phase to ensure the compliance of the solution against the customer requirements and consistency with future vision for deployment and operations.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent end-2-end solution design co-ordination and virtual team management skills
- Experience of design, development, implementation and roll out of data and analytics platforms, digital channels, SaaS/IaaS/PaaS cloud solutions, mobile/fixed telecoms services and mobile applications. Preferably gained in an international environment or global context
- Good communicator
Must have skills:
- Degree in Computer Science/Electrical / Electronic / Telecommunications Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SaaS platform design and implementation
- Understanding and appreciation of wider BSS, OSS and billing system requirements for Telecoms and appreciation of middleware technologies and concepts
- Experience with object-oriented/object functional languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge of HTTP API design patterns, HATEOAS, REST, RPC etc and can explain the advantages and disadvantages.
- Deep knowledge of with microservices architecture and API strategy development
- Prior experience in working on high traffic API based services.
- Experience in SQL with distributed query engines (e.g. Hive, Presto), and experience working with multiple relational databases.
- Experience of building data analysis pipelines and deploying analytical models.
- Knowledge of DEVOPS skills such as AWS, Terraform etc, CT/CD.
- Good understanding of:
– Mobile networks and technologies
– Communications Stack, Interfaces and Protocols
– Operating Systems and Software development
- Awareness of Industry bodies (TM Forum, W3C, 3GPP, GSMA,) and Industry standards (Open ID, SAML, OAuth)
- Experience with data modelling a plus
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.