|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
This is a wonderful job opportunity for an experienced PR Account Manager at an up-and-coming boutique PR agency start-up based in Cape Town. This position will require the successful candidate to work remotely initially. In this role you will be required to work on a number of accounts in the B2B tech clients, new business pitches, and on the agency’s own media and marketing awareness. We’re looking for a self-starter who can manage accounts on their own (with the guidance and overview of the MD). The role calls for someone with strong South African media contacts who can secure coverage and knows Business/Finance and Tech media. You will work with global PR agency partners and client teams. European media contacts are a plus but not essential. Key for this role is previous PR agency and B2B client experience as well as excellent writing skills. Your first-rate media contacts are important. Super opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an agency that’s going places.
- Proofreading, speeches, blogs and article development, media Q&A’s, exec briefing documents, etc.
- Writing for briefing senior/global execs, writing a quick LinkedIn post, proofreading, emailers, speaking points for events, articles when required etc.
- Answering a media Q & A
- Potentially writing a few articles here and there (nothing too technical and heavy)
- Client facing and client management/meetings
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Previous PR agency and B2B client experience is a must
- South African Media Relations – European media contact a plus (but not essential)
- Strong writing abilities –Planning and Implementation of campaigns (strategy isn’t essential)
- Proofreading skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Passionate about integrated communications: digital, marketing, webinars, social media, podcasts, graphics etc – not just PR media relations
- Experience with tech clients/accounts, EMEA accounts with focus on Europe – Advantageous (but not essential).
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 17 Dec 17:02